Friday, September 19, 2008

What is love?

Do you know what love is? I don't know what love is.


Maybe it is about sitting all night at a shabby mamak, having dirty indo mee and still enjoying ourselves. Laughing, playing, doing silly things. You trying to pinch me, punish me for getting angry so often at even the tiniest things. Me pinching you back and kicking u so that you couldn't come near. Maybe it is sitting in the car, staring at each other for a long time... before you look at me meaningfully and say, "I love you"... then start sniggering like it's the funniest thing ever. And I would complain that it would have been so romantic and corny if only you didn't laugh so hard after that. SIGH!



Maybe it is about crying one second and laughing the next. Maybe it is about you ignoring the fact that I'm upset and continue doing silly things and I end up laughing anyway. Maybe it is about you wiping away my tears during each argument; no matter how inconsiderate I had been. Maybe it's just about being with you. So, what is love? I can't wait to find out and go through more laughter & tears with it. What about you?


p/s: Ever since I tasted how it's like to have my heart broken, I somehow began to be more careful in relationships. I realized that feelings are not something I can play with; neither will I let someone else play mine. With the start of every romantic feeling that surfaces when one guy takes a step closer to my heart, my mind will race, not from the excitement, but from the worry of it not being able to work out.

No comments: